Saturday, March 3, 2012

That Was Super Satisfying...!

First meal I've been able to eat since Monday, in a reasonable amount of time, with minimal cringing!

I got my left wisdom teeth out on Tuesday morning, and I think I've eaten a total of 5 meals since then... most of my sustenance has been of the liquid and pharmaceutical forms... No pain meds since 6:30am today though and only minor irritation in my lower gums... this is a plus, especially since the day after my procedure I developed an infection on my jaw and was laid up for the next 24 hours severely swollen and in pain, fighting chills and a fever... I slept Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday away!

Feeling much better now though, and was able to get back into soap making last night! Which is good because my new supplies have all arrived and even though I just launched my website a couple weeks ago, I've received a bunch of orders so my inventory has been running low!

I had a special request for Patchouli, so my first batch after I got my new supplies was a soap I call Patchouli Lavender Ripple. Same basic recipe I use for most of my other soaps except I decided to experiment some more with coloring soaps naturally (previously I've only used Cocoa powder for coloring). I added a little bit of Paprika and didn't stir it in really well so it has some flecks that are darker spots, but the whole bar has a slight orange/tan color to it. What do you think?


Since I've been feeling better I have done 2 types of soap. First batch was to replenish my inventory of Lavender Rosemary Bliss (my favorite so far!) and then re-did a batch I had messed up before... Cocoa-Mint Swirl... I swear it smells like Peppermint Patties! That batch is still in the mold and I can cut it tomorrow, but I'm very excited about how it's turned out so far... Here are some pictures of my latest two batches :)



The bars made with the new mold are not much bigger than the bars I made previously but with my new mitre box they are a much more consistent size and look so much nicer!

I signed up a few weeks ago to donate some samples and a door prize to a fellow small business that is celebrating their anniversary in a couple months... today my tape sealer bags from Cello In A Box arrived and I was able to package up a business card with a sample of my soaps for each of her goody bags. I also created a gift bag with a full size bar of soap and a scrubby that holds the bar of soap inside of it (reduces the risk of losing your soap down the drain, AND exfoliates!)

Here's a picture if the finished sample packs... and if you are looking for packaging ideas, click Here to check out the company and their products!





I'm off to go relax some now that I've gotten so much done today... Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment