Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Iced Tea Lemonade - Best Ever

When I gave up drinking Soda, in search of a healthier lifestyle, I was lost on what to drink. I know water is the best choice, I'm not a milk or juice drinker, and since soda was out of the question, I had to come up with SOMETHING. I opted for Iced Tea. Not the kind you buy at the store that's full of that HFCS and other crap no one can pronounce either. Homemade, 100% natural ICED TEA... with LEMON.


It started out as just plain iced tea with some sugar, and I was hardly impressed. After making a jug of homemade lemonade I decided to mix the two and Homemade Iced Tea Lemonade (my own version of Half and Half) was born.


Best Ever Iced Tea Lemonade
Ingredients:
1 Gallon hot water
10 Standard sized Tea bags (we usually use orange pekoe) 
 2/3 cup Sugar
1 cup Real Lemon Juice




Start by putting your 10 tea bags into your gallon of water

Let set for a few hours (I try to let mine set overnight, but 1 hour will suffice for decent tea)


Add your 2/3 cup of sugar

and then your 1 cup of Lemon Juice


Mix together well, serve immediately with ice or refrigerate until chilled first!

0 comments:

Post a Comment