Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Recipe: Oven French Toast Sticks

 My mother got married a few weeks ago, and we got sent home with about 8 bags of finger rolls that weren't used for sandwiches at the reception. I had NO idea what we were going to do with ALL those finger rolls, but creativity struck and I came up with the idea of French Toast Sticks! I froze them until I had a chance to do it. The kids are off school today and it's rainy and dreary so I figured this was a great day to try it out! Here's what I did:


Cut finger rolls into 3 slices and then slice each in half (each finger roll should make 6 sticks)



Place on greased cookie sheet, brush with olive oil, put in oven at 350 to toast (I turned the oven on, and put them in the oven until the buzzer to tell me the oven was preheated went off... should be dry to the touch, not browned, second batch took about 6 minutes)



Mix 3 eggs with about 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon/Sugar mix (Leftover from Monkey Bread Muffins)


Dip toasted finger roll sticks into egg mixture until coated
to your desired consistency and place single layer on cookie sheet. Make sure sticks are not touching.

Bake at 350 for 5 minutes and then flip
Bake for 5 more minutes


Serve with your favorite topping!


These would have been better, in my opinion, with REAL Maple Syrup, but we are out, so I drizzled them with Clover Honey instead. The kids loved them, and they made a yummy snack for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment